Friday, August 24, 2007

My optimistic side

For the first time in a long time I can actually truthfully say I feel great. Despite the fact that my babe left 3 days ago for another grueling 6 week patrol on the US Coast Guard Cutter Resolute, his "floating prison", as he affectionately refers to it, I'm feeling alright. Don't get me wrong, I still have had my moments of weakness because I love him so much and miss him like crazy. I'm thinking positive and looking foward to many things to come. Shane possibly advancing in rank to chief petty officer and us starting to try to have a baby toward the end of the year are among those things. I feel fearful though that my current feelings of optimism and happiness will soon be overshadowed once again when I have not heard from him in a while or after working extra shifts at the hospital or after working Saturday, Sunday, and Monday of Labor Day weekend. Right now I just really don't want to think about all that...and for once I'm not going to.

No comments: