Saturday, July 18, 2009

Is it September 24th yet?


I miss Shane. This all feels so weird to me...in an unfamiliar kind of familiar way. Confused? What I mean is sure I am used to the separation...you know I've done it before the gone for two months, only communicating by one means usually email except for the occasional phone call during the inports. However, now there is a nagging sense of permanence in this separation this time...most likely because I know in the back of my mind that he will never return home to this house and live with us under this roof or mow this yard, etc. He is the voice on the phone right now. And he has NEVER been a good phone person so that is making it even more difficult. I just can't wait to actually see him again, for him to get to see Cameron again. Is it September 24th yet?

No comments: